Frequently asked questions
QHow is the cabin delivered?
- On a specially designed tandem wheeled, tilt trailer towed by a 4WD vehicle.
One franchisee uses a truck. Read more about delivery of your cabin
QWhat preparations do I need to make?
- You need to provide a reasonably level site approximately 4.5m long by 3.0m wide. We will do the final levelling
QWhat sort of access do you need?
- Imagine someone delivering a caravan or boat, that's the sort of room we'll require! We may need your help with a bit of manpower to maneuver the trailer to the required position.
QWhat is the minimum hire period?
- Usually six months. There is no maximum period. A special, higher rate applies for short term rental.
QIs there a contract to sign?
- Yes. It is a detailed document that other hirers consider fair. Read
a summary of the lease online. Among other things, it allows
access to your property to uplift the cabin for non-payment
of rent. It requires the hirer to take care of
QDo I need a permit or council consent?
- Usually not, but some councils have different rules for different users. Give your franchisee a call for regulations in your district.
QDoes RoomMate have bigger or smaller cabins?
- No. Smaller cabins would have less appeal, bigger cabins would need council approval.
QCan you supply cabins with a toilet and/or shower?
- No. Again,because of council rules and regulations it would be too costly to connect to water and sewer services.
QWho pays for any damage?
- Damage is the responsibility of the hirer. Allowance is made for "fair wear and tear".
QHow does the cabin connect to a power supply?
- Each cabin has an electric safety lead which plugs into a three-pin socket. There is no separate power meter.
QDoes the cabin have furniture?
- No. The cabin is simply an empty room with curtain rails and two double power points. Most cabins are carpeted.
QDo I need to pay a bond?
- No bond, but you do pay rent in advance. The only other cost is for
the delivery and uplifting of your cabin. Read more about payment
QHow do I order a cabin?
- You need to complete the application form which is part of this brochure
and send the completed form, with $50.00 deposit, to the franchisee
named in the GREY PANEL
QIs there a delivery cost?
- Yes. Check your franchisee's delivery costs as they vary.